Saturday, May 1, 2010

May Day Update!


Happy May Day!

I can hardly believe that it is already May. I apologize for the lack of updates over the past few weeks. The kids, jobs, friends and other projects have kept us busy (but in a wonderful, very good way)!

Here is a brief rundown of what has transpired in our household:

* Mr. B is crawling everywhere. He also pulls himself up to stand. Oh, did I mention that he tries to walk while holding on to the furniture and that he waves hello? Don't blink or he'll be moving out to go to college!

* Miss H is a squirrel. Yes, a squirrel. She woke up one day and informed me that she was not Miss H anymore but rather a cat. After one day of being a cat, for some unknown reason she decided that being a squirrel was more desirable. When I asked her if she wanted some nuts to eat since she was a squirrel, she replied "No, I eat doughnuts, not nuts." Funny little kid! She has a great sense of humor and is always making us laugh.

* Miss H has an incredible memory and can "read" about ten of her favorite books to us. She remembers what we say when we read each page and she will "read" the book back to us verbatim, cover to cover including the author and illustrator. It is kind of creepy how good her memory actually is. Don't mess with this kid because she won't forget about it any time soon.

* Hubby was invited to play in an All-Star hockey game. Unfortunately the timing didn't work for him to make it to the game but I still think it is neat that he was invited. The guy is a good athlete, handsome, smart and kind- can't get much better than that!

* I am back at work (my real job) part time and am really enjoying it! I have amazing coworkers and it is fun to get to use a different part of my brain and to not talk about strollers, baby classes, teething, diapers or any such thing for a few hours each week. Of course, by the time I get home I'm ready to cuddle the kids and talk about strollers, baby classes, teething, diapers and other topics all over again.

* I am working more than full-time at my unpaid "job"- organizing a not-for-profit volunteer group that a few friends and I started several months ago. Our little endeavor has taken on a life of it's own and we now have over 100 volunteers and provide assistance to around 3-6 local families per week. I love it and feel like I've really found my calling as far as what I am meant to be doing. I get to meet incredible women on a daily basis and, though it has been challenging and time-consuming to get it off the ground, it has been very rewarding to watch the group grow and evolve. Check it out at: www.madebymomma.org

We are looking forward to a very busy and fun spring and summer and have several adventures, trips and events planned. In the meantime, we'll be busy working, crawling, volunteering, laughing and being squirrels. Ciao!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update Ashlee! I have been wondering what has been going on with you guys. Great news on the volunteer organization. I wish there was something like that here. And I can't believe you are working on top of that... what is your secret? Lots of coffee????? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Ashlee and I thought I was busy! That is so cute how much your little man is getting around. They grow up too fast!

    ReplyDelete